Originally this was a small scattered rural practice run by a single doctor in Costock. After the war the village became a development area with the population expanding from 2,000 to 6,000 in little more than a decade and the practice moved to East Leake. The Health Centre was the first in Nottinghamshire and opened in 1968.
The list size at East Leake is 8,800. The majority of our patients live in or close to East Leake but the practice also covers around 1500 patients in rural villages in Leicestershire & Nottinghamshire.
In December 2005 we took over the management of the Church House Surgery in Ruddington, Nottingham on behalf of the Primary Care Trust at that time. The list size at Ruddington is 2,300. This arrangement became permanent in October 2006.
We have recently merged with Soar Valley Surgeries covering Sutton Bonington and Hathern too. The full merger is due to be completed in July 2013 after which time the clinical records system merger will allow patients to choose which site they attend.
Across all sites the practice covers some 100 square miles.